Existing Member?

运动训练 Athletic Training Study Abroad in Taiwan

Taping Competition 2009: USA vs. Taiwan

TAIWAN | Saturday, 23 May 2009 | Views [474]

We started off the day by eating breakfast at a restaurant on the edge of campus where a lot of students hang out. We had a sort of omelette that was delicious! We then went to the second part of our Pain Point Therapy lecture. Our teacher is fabulous and we had a lot of time to practice so he could critique us. After lunch we went to a Tae Kwon Do competition held here at the university. The athletes were competing for a spot on Taiwan's national team. It was cool to learn the rules and techniques of the sport. The fans were really into it and they had chants to cheer for their teammates. We also got to briefly sit in on badmitton, gymnastics, and weight lifting practices. When we went to the gymnastics practice, everyone had heard of how accomplished the UGA gymnastics team is, some even saw the national championship on TV. I'm proud to be a bulldog! We also had some friendly competition against the NTSU students. First we had an ankle taping race and then we had a proprioception competition. Each person raced against their assigned "buddies" and I think it's safe to say that my buddy Dennis is their class clown. As soon as we started racing against each other he began shouting and singing to distract me. He also informed me afterwards that the guy whose ankle he taped was the same guy that he always practices on during class so he's really familiar with his ankle. Needless to say, I lost the race. Sad day. Tonight we had Pizza Hut for dinner (insert chorus of angels singing here)! We destroyed the pizzas and cokes in only a matter of minutes. About half an hour after stuffing our faces, we went to a pilates lesson. I love pilates, but not necessarily on a full stomach of pizza and coke. Tonight after all our planned activities, we hung out in our dorm and played cards and watched youtube videos. Overall, today was an awesome day! Looking forward to tomorrow!

About spoe


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Taiwan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.