Existing Member?

The chronicles

WHY DO SOME LIVE LONGER THAN OTHERS...?

MALAWI | Tuesday, 2 July 2013 | Views [371]

 

In  life, there are all these funny and weird questions that we ask ourselves or other people. Stuff about our lives or life in general. Truth is, some questions are unanswerable. They are Better off being just questions... But we keep asking them anyway, regardless of what the outcome will be. Whether we will get the answer or not.

 
One of the most popular question we ask  is "why some live longer than others". I was watching a 2006 classic,
 The other day, My sister's Keeper, starring Cameron Diaz. At the end of the movie, the narrator a young girl who lost her older sister to cancer asked this question. ; "Why do others live why others die?"
Truth be told, everyone of you has come across this question before. But no concrete answer has come about your way Im guessing. Even in this movie, there was no answer....
Well, we can come up with all these fancy ideas as to why God let's one person live and takes another. 
You have probably heard them all. They range from "God loved them the most" or "God was saving them from something bad" to "God wanted another angel or flower in heaven" and all those that you have heard.
 
Most of us fall back on the fact that we will never know why some die and others live. But have you ever thought that maybe even of you did, you would not understand? It would not be good enough...
But one day, we will all know because the bible promises in 1 corinthians 13:12 that " Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. 
Why did James die and Peter go free? It's hard to say. Life just doesn't make sense a great deal of time. But God has purposes that often remain a mystery to us.
When we say that someone "died before their time" we falsely assume that everyone has the unwritten promise of a long life.
The bible makes no guarantees. The bible says that our times are in his hands. It also tells us that "there is a time to be born, and a time to die"  in Ecclesiastes 3:2. We don't really get any say regarding the date of our birth or death but we can claim life. The moment we hold on to the spiritual, the physical is good too. If we let go of the spiritual, the physical suffers too. And death is always imminent. Every time...
So here's what it boils down to:
1. Don't take any of your loved ones for granted.
2. If there is someone you need to tell that you love them, do it now.
3. If there is a change you need to make in your life, do it now.
 
At the end of the day, you only have one life here on earth.

Tags: bible, life, love

About spidermonkey


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malawi

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.