Existing Member?

Wanderlust - a leggy adventure!

Panorama-Rama-rrraaaaama!

CANADA | Saturday, 24 June 2017 | Views [323]

New home, new job, new friends & Allan, Allan, Allan, Allan.....Or was it Steve?! (Youtube Clip Ref) 


Having finally arrived at 'Pano', Taleah was kind enough to meet me & help me find my new home at Horsethief! It was nice to finally put a face to her online profile as we'd been chatting since October/November :) 


First impressions of our bungalow: Sooo many stairs! After 9 hours in a bus I'd forgotten how heavy my pack was. Once I found the place I hesitated at climbing to the second floor! But simultaneously I was so glad to have a shower & sleep off my journey! After a quick kip, a snack & Hannah's 101 overview of the resort I felt ready to go explore a little.

Later that night I ventured solo to T-Bar. 

It was a quite Friday night. I sat alone, trying to look comfortable & inconspicuous. 
"I'll only stay for half & hour & then head home, I'm so tired" (famous last words!!). 
My plan was working well until Mel came over & introduced herself. She was here with her family to play golf. She insisted I stay out, introduced me to the whole family (minus her brother in Toronto) & was determined for me to make friends as I'd just arrived. A few beers later, so many games of pool & conversations in broken English with 'the Czechs' we got kicked out as the bar was closing. I put my tiredness down to traveling, partying in Van City a little too hard & lack of sleep...
Fast forward to a few days later..

Wildlife sightings:

Bear: 0 

Moose: 0

Bighorn: 0

Deer: 3

Wolves: 0

Tags: resort life. backpacking working holiday

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.