Existing Member?

Space travel.

Pura Vida

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 19 June 2011 | Views [486]

I´ve been in Costa Rica a few days now but a bit confused as to how many. Having flown in from Australia, I experienced the same day twice and with my sleeping habits now at odd hours, my sense of time is a bit skewed. However, I have had a relaxing start to my trip. 

I´m currentlly in a pretty neighbourhood called San Lorenzo in Heredia, close to the capital San José.  The manager of the hotel where I´m staying, Minor, has been somewhat of a tour guide for me, driving me about town and giving me information and the history of the surrounding towns. He woke me up at 5am for a short drive up the road to see the nearby volcanoes and to see the small ash clouds coming out of the top. 

Today Minor took me to a cloud forest where I went on a tour through the forest which included travelling by zip line , flying-fox type things, through and above the jungle canopy. Awesome.

Minor has been very helpful and friendly and I´ll be returning to stay with him in a few weeks when I come back through this way. His hotel (the San Lorenzo Inn) is very clean and comfortable and for $30 for a single room with TV, own bathroom, and breakfast included, the price is definitely right.

Tomorrow I´m heading south to a place called San Isidro de El General where I´ll go to Spanish school for two weeks and live with a local family. I´m looking forward to that. To get to San Isdiro, I have to take the bus along the Pan-American Highway which goes through the mountains at an altitude of 3300 feet. The top of the mountain is called Cerro de la muerta. I don´t know what Cerro means but muerta means death. This could be a very pictureseque yet scary journey. I bet the road is right next to a steep drop. I hope the bus driver is not a crazy bastard. I want to get to San Isidro in one piece and without needing a change of underwear.

Laugh Space ☺️

 

About spacemanafrica


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.