Existing Member?

Travelling South America

Cuzco

PERU | Thursday, 3 October 2013 | Views [256]

Arriving in Cuzco was great after the jungle, a white washed city full of tourists and nice looking restaurants.  We bought a 10 day tourist ticket, which is a bit of a waste of money, as we did get a bit sick of Inca Ruins after doing 4 in one day.  We looked around Cuzco on the first 2 days, there are loads of nice museums (but not included in the tourist ticket they sell you), then did a trip to Pisca, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero and Qoricancha before the trek.  Museo de Arte Precolombino had fantastic pottery shaped into all sorts of animals and outfits of gold - the best museum.  We also did San Domingo, which was a Dominican church built on top of the Qoricancha Temple of the Sun.  Much of the Inca ruins were exposed during the earthquake of 1950.  This is an amazing place, our faviourate in Cuzco.

 

Most importantly for Damian we found an Irish pub and he had his first Guinness and sheppards pie at high altitude!  He had managed to go 8 weeks without a Guinness before this moment, so you can imagine how much he enjoyed it!

 

 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.