Existing Member?

Summer Gold

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [243] | Scholarship Entry

Traveling has always intrigued both Kriff and I. It represents an adventure and a chance to share stories. For this video, we decided to share a bit of Singapore's lesser known stories.

While well known as a financial hub, little else is showcased about the city we grew up in. Thus we bring you on a visit through Little India, an ethnic community. Though just a small part of Singapore, we hope it gives you a hint of the rich cultural diversity in this nation that's younger than my dad.

Filmmaking is new to me while Kriff has previously made 2 documentary-type films for school projects. Despite our lack of experience, we make up for it with our enthusiasm!

Winning this scholarship would most of all bring us a step closer to realizing our dream of hosting our very own travel shows. On top of that, Brazil is special to the both of us. Kriff started playing football after following the Brazilian Team during her first World Cup, and has since had a lifelong fascination with the people and their spirit. I have always admired the Brazilian's joyous nature and really want to learn how they dance.

For the two of us, there could be nothing more "!!!" than experiencing the Carnival.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About soniamao


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.