Existing Member?

Snowy's Adventure Bangkok site seeing and treking in chang mai

Byron Bay

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 28 November 2008 | Views [595] | Comments [2]

Me at most eastern point

Me at most eastern point

Byron bay is about 1 n half hours south of Brisbane. Its a great surfing beach and is well known as a hippy destination, with Nimbin just outside town being the focus and main comunity of hippies. I didn't go though cos the main focus is to buy and smoke weed. Plus i've seen loads of hippies in glastonbury. I love the glastonbury feel of the town . There are lots of hippy shops, u know the ones that smell of incense and sell weird and wonderfull stuff. Also being a backpacker place it adds to the festival atmosphere. I stayed in this cool hostel called the art factory. They have dorms, funky gipsy caravan looking huts, tippies and a all girl square tippy called the pentagon where i stayed and slept on bamboo beds. THese all surround a little lake. They had activities every night and cos it BYO alcohol everyone sits in the garden area in hammocks and picnic tables drinking and theres always a smell of weed. The first day i meet this guy called james from england, while eating breakfast. We hungout at the beach most of the day, then in the eve with his dutch mates we watched the talent show and drank some ummmm....lots of goone! It was a really good night. The next couple of days it rained. I walked up to the lighthouse twice and watched the world go by. I saw turtles and dolphines, shame i missed whale migrateing season, u get an amazing view of them from up there aug to oct. check out the pictures!

Anyways next stop surf camp.

 

Comments

1

Wish I was there too. How much for a flight??

ITS SOOO COLD HERE! I'M COLD AND THE HEATING HAS BEEN ON FOR 6 HOURS!!

Keep it real Clare. Post me something from australia... for christmas! xXx (Maybe some sun)

  John Ron. Dec 4, 2008 10:03 AM

2

Did you go to cheeky Monkeys? I remember that being insane, with everyone dancing on the tables!

I'm soo jealous, sounds like you are having a fab ttime!

  Susie Jan 10, 2009 11:24 PM

About snowy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.