Existing Member?

Namaste

Breakfast at the Leela Palace

INDIA | Wednesday, 14 November 2012 | Views [933]

My first Indian Breakfast!  I'm in heaven!  Why has it taken me 33 years to have curry scrambled eggs?  It's the best!

My first Indian Breakfast! I'm in heaven! Why has it taken me 33 years to have curry scrambled eggs? It's the best!

I have never been a fan of an American breakfast but I am a huge fan of Indian breakfast!  I love curry scrambled eggs and fried basmati rice for breakfast!  I think I will fix this for myself everyday when I return home.  The Leela Palace spares no expense when it comes to fine breakfast.  I had all kinds of stews with all kinds of fluffy breads.  There was a bunch of American omelettes and pastries that I completely ignored.  I wish I remembered the names of each food I ate---I'm going to start to take notes so I can report back to you!  

After breakfast, I had a meeting with the concierge who basically gave me variety of things to do for the next four days before I head to Rishikesh to start my yoga retreat.  I went to the fitness center and they rolled out a yoga mat for me so I did few sun salutations then headed to the roof top pool to meditate.  I think that has been my first experience outdoors in India.  Since it's Diwali Festival right now, fire works happen day and night and smog mixed with fireworks makes for 0 visibility.  

I love the Leela Palace but at breakfast I realized that all the other guests here are predominantly old Russian, French and Chinese people who were all pretty mean to the incredibly gracious staff.  (I would say that the staff here at the Leela Palace is 50% Filipino people, and 50% Indian people.)  I might have to check out because of this.  It's a bit too stuffy and I want to have a bit more of an authentic experience.    

Namaste

About snowmanindia


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.