Existing Member?

A mini adventure!

Hobart - Launceston

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 17 March 2009 | Views [869] | Comments [2]

Hobart was filled with excitement. Me and this french dude spent a day in port arthur which is one of the old convict settlement prisons in Tasmania, in 1996 it was home to australia biggest mass murder event where a lone gunman by the name of martin bryant walked into the public caffeteria and began shooting everyone. After an interesting day at port arthur I return to my hostel to discover someone decided to take my bed and put their stuff on it! I reclaimed my bed and then at around 3AM got woken up by two crazy bitches claiming i've stolen their bed, even though it had been mine for the past 4 days! this erupted into an argument which was quite intense and led to me making an attempt to set fire to the stupid bitches hair; after I was kicked and endured several items being thrown at me! I stood my ground, kept my bed and they fucked off, I win. Next day me and the french dude meet up with and begin talkin to loads of people in the common room and we end up going out to a bar called irish murphys we all had a good drink, saw some live music and it was good there was about 8 of us. In there i get talking to some dude who lives round the corner and offers to let me crash round his for a few nights before moving on and we took a trip up the east coast going into every pub along the way to triabanna which was pretty cool. The hospitality of the people i have met in Tas is unreal you'd never get this in England, not in my experience anyway. This is the sort of place where you would stop and ask someone for directions and they'd give you a lift! Whilst couch surfing round at this house I was introduced to his hot nieces and their friends which turned out to be quite interesting. We went to a heavy metal gig which was great real head bangers place interesting night also. Finally the time come to where I was feeling like it's time to move on from Hobart. Tasmania is a beautiful place for sure very picturesque. The french dude i was hanging with made his way up towards Launceston on the same day as me. He left at 10 and I left at 3. After arriving in launceston i had nowhere to stay and after trying 4 different hostels found a spot in a place called the hub. Checked into my room and who's in there? the french dude. How coincidental is that. The aim of coming to Launceston was to enable me time to visit cradle mountain and the overland track but so far i haven't been too motivated to do much, especially after meeting the resident alcoholic here I seem to be doing 24 hour drinking since arrival. Today is my first clear day and also why I am managing to update this journal! This hostel is crazy and dirty. Bugs everywhere, crazy residents and strippers in the evenings which can go on till the very early hours, conveniently my room sits above a 10,000 watt speaker system!

Tags: hobart, launceston

Comments

1

give us some more updates honey, it's more ages now xx

  Mum Apr 7, 2009 11:50 PM

2

HAHA geez i've never heard of you backing down so those girls had it coming lol like how you didn't go in to much detail with the nieces and there friends but i have a rough idea and that french dude may think your following him lol anyway i'll keep reading as long as you keep posting.

Tony

  Big T Apr 29, 2009 7:28 AM

About smorg


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.