Existing Member?

Uganda

Off on our hols!

UGANDA | Saturday, 16 February 2013 | Views [432] | Comments [1]

Good evening from Uganda!

We have just finished another working week! A tough Friday, 3 meetings and a ride on the back of a boda-boda?

We’ve now finished and are relaxing for the evening with a Nile special (beer), we are off tomorrow for a weeks holiday. First off to Lake Bunyoni a few hours South from here to relax and swim in the lake, maybe canoe or walk around the lake but probably just read some books and do nothing.

After that we are off to Queen Elisabeth National Park, a small park with Elephants and Lions, hopefully do a safari drive or a walking safari. Then back work!

Work has been good, just finished a meeting with our community volunteers who educate on hygiene in the villages. Spent a while teaching them about malnutrition and how to prevent it as well as how to identify children with malnutrition and when to send them to hospital.

Almost finished with the nutrition survey, last few villages had nearly 40% malnutrition levels in the under 5’s. Gave some education sessions in schools and village groups so good few days.

Had to stop work on Wednesday as a boy had murdered his mother in the village we were due to visit, then the next day was the funeral so no work then either as all the villages attend.

Actually managed to go out for a romantic evening on Valentines, went to one of the expensive safari lodges, had a lovely dinner and relaxed in plush luxury (before returning to our tent with en-suite bucket!)

Anyway over to Helen.........

waterfall

A short post from me today as I’m sat drinking a beer on our first evening of holiday! Had a fun week enjoying Bwindi, went out on a forest walk, saw lots of monkeys and swam in a very cold waterfall! Very much looking forward to relaxing by a lake and going on safari and hopefully having some pizza...food is somewhat lacking in variety here..!

Hope all is well with everyone

Lots of love Helen xxx

Comments

1

Helen....he looks dirty. Please explain to him that merely standing near the waterfall doesn't count as a shower!

Miss you guys! I hope it's all as awesome as it sounds!
Manlove out
Ross Xxxx

  Rosscopeecotrain Feb 24, 2013 6:40 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.