Existing Member?

Uganda

Arrived in Entebbe!

UGANDA | Sunday, 6 January 2013 | Views [350]

Boma, Entebbe

Boma, Entebbe

Hello from Entebbe!

 

We finally arrived yesterday afetr a very long bus journey and two flights! First impressions of Uganda are all good so far. The people seem lovely and friendly, we have seen the sun for the first time in 9 months (although it did pour down with rain this morning!) and its is all very lush and green.

 

We spent our first night at a lovely hotel (in the pic) surrounded by beautiful gardens and even a swimming poool which we made use of yesterday(thanks the websters) we had a bit of a wander around but pretty much headed to bed at 8pm after no sleep on the flights the night before. Today we had to move to another hotel as the boma was booked up which is less fancy but all the same not bad.

We had our first trip down to lake vistoria which was lovely but lots of bitey things around so didn't stay too longas we were in shorts! spent the rest of the day in the garden reading books in the sun!!! Tomorrow we are going to check out the town, the botanical gardens and the wildlife education centre and then monday we meet our new employers for the next four months which is very exciting! We hope to be heading to Bwindi impenetrable forest not long afetr to get our firt glimpse of the Gorillas.....

That's ot for now as the tinterweb connection is terrible

Lots of Love Helen xxxxx

 

Just a short bit from me, bus long, flight short, hotel nice, lake pretty, looking forwards to getting to Bwindi - apparently the oldest forest in Africa and the most beautiful part of Uganda which is knwn as the 'Pearl of Africa'. Even has Mountain Elephants!! More soon (Simon)

 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.