Existing Member?

La Vie en Roam

Surf and Sun in Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 20 July 2009 | Views [1314]

So here we go!

Today we leave Sydney and head off to Port Stephens. There is one catch though, Geoff the karmic campervan is not quite ready for his big debut – he still has a bit of primping to do!

So we headed over to Traveller’s Auto Barn to pick up Geoff’s stand-in for the day – who just happens to be called “Dirty Sanchez”.  Now, Dirty Sanchez does live up to his name, a big white camper with a Mexican mouse clad in a sombrero and a poncho – and we thought Geoff got us some looks!

Our first stop of the day was in the famous Bondi Beach in Sydney to check out Let’s Go Surfing surf school. When we arrived we were swarmed with eager to-be surfers bundling themselves up in their neoprene outfits and trying to maneuver their new boards.

When the sea of surfers parted we met with Brenda, the founder and owner of Let’s Go Surfing to have a bit of a chat about surf tips and safety and the magic of Bondi Beach. Her love of the sport and her enthusiasm about teaching others was evident as she spoke about her business and the “surfer-cool” atmosphere and lifestyle on the water. Can’t wait to get in the water and test out our surfing skills to see if we can hang!

Next stop: Port Stephens! We're keen to check out the outdoor adventures we've heard so much about!

Tags: australia, bondi beach, port stephens, surfing, van-tastic adventures, world nomads

 

About smarkas


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.