Existing Member?

La Vie en Roam

Meeting Geoff

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 9 July 2009 | Views [1029]

Drum roll, please...da da da da da da!

He has arrived! Yes, Geoff the much-anticipated karmic campervan has been suited up, souped up and hit the streets of Sydney yesterday afternoon. As he zipped through the CBD down to Circular Quay and the Opera House, onlookers stood gawking at the flash of sunshine that lit up the otherwise gray afternoon. Dressed in orange and yellow with classic Aussie symbols down his side (think Vegemite, a surfboard, a kangaroo), Geoff really is, well, hard to miss. He’s pretty hott, if I do say so myself.

Once we got acquainted, and he opened up a bit to me, I got to see the real Geoff, and figure out what really is inside the gentle giant. He really does care about your well-being – he’s fully stocked with a microwave, a stovetop, a mini-fridge – for when you have a hankering for a ‘rooburger and a cold one. He’s also very open – with enough space to comfortably seat 3 in the front and easily a party of 6 in the back. The thing that most people don’t know about Geoff is that he has depth – I knew he had one level for beds, but after spending some time with him, discovered a top tier of bunks! But, most importantly, as you well know, Geoff is very friendly and out-going; he is currently looking for mates to travel through Aus with him for the next eleven months!

My name is Alicia, the Marketing Assistant at World Nomads (and resident American backpacker), and my friend Kirsten and I are fortunate enough to spend a few weeks with Geoff as he travels up the coast from Sydney to Cairns. We will be stopping along the way to meet backpackers, check out the sights, and show Geoff off!

When we arrive in Cairns we will be handing Geoff off to his first team of new mates, Adam and Hamish, the two lucky Kiwi buggers who will be adventuring through Queensland for six weeks with Geoff (check out their winning video).

So, check in with us here to follow the Van-Tastic Adventures promotional roadtrip and our adventures with Geoff.

For more information about Van-Tastic Adventures and to apply for the ultimate Aussie roadtrip (and some quality time with Geoff, of course), visit http://vantastic.worldnomads.com.

Hope to see you on the road!

Cheers

Alicia

 

Tags: australia, competitions, road trip, sydney, travel, van-tastic adventures, world nomads

About smarkas


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.