Existing Member?

The Perennial Adventure Some journeys come to an end. Lucky I am already planning my next little adventure ... where to next?

Team Nomad

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 26 May 2008 | Views [1166]

Three girls, more often found paddling at sea, decided to embark on a little challenge one day over coffee - the Oxfam Trailwalker, a 100km overnight endurance walk from the Hawkesbury to the Harbour. While investing in some shoes up to the distance, we came across Liam who boldly offered to join us (of course, we would be silly to turn down an enthusiastic adventure racer) and so we had a team.


Support us and raise money for Oxfam Australia, who work to fight poverty and injustice in 29 countries around the world, including Indigenous Australia.


The last member is Sanchez, our mascot. He is an intrepid fellow, he's the little yellow guy on the WorldNomads.com logo. He is really coming along for the ride, and thankfully he doesnt eat much, complain or get tired.

Our team, Sue, Sparky, Katrina, Liam (and Sanchez) may be new to travelling distances on foot although we are committed to the next 12 weeks of training (and the 48 hours of the race) and to completing 100km together.

Digg deep and support Oxfam (and us!).

Check out the places and people that Oxfam Australia helps - it's good incentive to reach into your pockets. If that's not enough, then just imagine us on the trail at 4am in the morning while you are tucked up in bed - your donation will give us faith that we aren't crazy!

Tags: charity, oxfam, sanchez, world nomads

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.