Existing Member?

Steve & Helen's Great Escape

Esperance - nice place not much to do ....

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 25 June 2011 | Views [254]

Not much to report this time.  Spent a couple of night in Esperance which was a pretty place but a bit boring.  I asked a fair few people whether there were any nice palces to go out, they all said there is no where, but the beaches are nice. 

The saga of claiming my Super annuation continues.  Not one person in the immigration, Tax office and Super fund actually know what to do and to be honest I feel that they try to make it as hard for people to claim back the money as possible.  I have honestly filled in soo many blooming forms and been to so many Police stations/Post offices to get things certified it is getting a joke.  Anyway hopefully this will be sorted soon, but my advice, make sure you speak to me before you leave and I will tell you in plain English what useless forms you will have to fill in.  Also those of you that work at my lovely employer's place don't think they will help you in one bit - useless!

Anyway highlights over the last couple of days have been getting my hair cut (and getting rid of that mullet), Wave Rock (which looks like a Wave and is in the Top 50 of Bruce's book), a dog cemetry (boo) the lake where Donald Campbell broke the water speed record in Bluebird, The Big Ram(a Male one as you can see from the photo's)in a town where they hold an event called Wollorama and Stirling Ranges, which I am lead to beleive we climbed up Western Australia's highest peak (well walked). 

Currently in Albany which is an actual town - i.e. has more than one pub and resturant, a shop and petrol that does not cost $2 (I don't ask for much).  Heading out tonight for our Saturday night treat night, looking forward to it.

Finally can Gillard and Abbott (for the UK people that is the Prime minister and the leader of the opposition) stop banging on about the Carbon tax until some knows what is proposed.  It is taking up too much air time on the two radio stations we can get in the rural areas.  I am never going to moan about British politics again.

Steve & Helen

PS. I have been asked to point out that the views expressed in this blog are Steven Jamieson's and not Helen Ketton

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.