Existing Member?

Steve & Helen's Great Escape

The Move

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 14 May 2011 | Views [227]

To put it into perspective, we live in a 2 bedroom flat, don't really own too many assets, so why, when 3 of the biggest men alive came round to pack our stuff at 8am, did I finally hand back the keys at 9.30pm.  I suppose I could see it coming as G-Dog and I managed to take 4 hours delvering 3 items around Sydney the day before.  Obviously we own a lot of junk, worthless a second hand market, and I was left to coordinate the move, a big risk, but for some strange reason it just dragged on.  Anyway after finally cleaning the flat and an insepection by the property manager (who would be a good candidate for a female version of Hitler - better than the bar wench in the London pub on Alex's stag)we were finally off, with lingering thoughts in our mind as to whether we will ever see our deposit back after last seeing Mrs Hitler scrapping her 8 inch heels all over our polished floor (although her bottom was soo big that she was probably polishing it as the same time as she moved along - sorry for that image everyone).

It was good to get over to Macca Pacca's (new nick name for Macca which I dedicate to Helen's 32 month old neice)and Su's, always welcoming, epecially with the wine, not so much the Iron Brew.  So feeling a little dusty I awoke in a pile of mess, which somehow we are going to try and get onto an airplane for NZ and then back to the UK, which I am sure will be more challenging with the additional fridge magnets and cuddly toys that we would have acquired over the few months.

Anyway the day has now passed, spent mainly sorting out the final things and shopping for Su's b'day present.  Looking forward to tonight as catching up with everyone for the last time before we start our trip for Su's birthday.  Starting to sink in that we have no home, will not get paid until October (well me anyway) and will be living in a campervan for the next 3 months, it's going to be tough!

Steve & Helen

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.