Existing Member?

Treks Within Reflection – Pausing in the "Here and Now" Adventures

HOME AGAIN IN THE SANCTUARY

USA | Saturday, 4 August 2012 | Views [565]

Greetings All!

After 8 weeks, 9,366 miles on the back of Richard's motorcycle, and an undetermined amount of mileage via car (i.e., to/from Spokane plus while using Andy's car in Pennsylvania), my bum and I happily announce we are safely home! And by the way, we traveled in/through 23 US states ~ Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virgina, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, and Idaho.

And I shall pause here to express my Heartfelt Gratitude to Richard for making this road adventure possible!

I have much work ahead ~ the next couple of months will be spent creating my "journal story" about these weeks, but for now here are a few thoughts. (More photos to be added eventually ~ it's such a pain in the .... to resize them and get them to post. Please bear with me.)

Favorite highlights = Arkansas (my session with Dolores Cannon; Larry & the Atlantis Found Crystal Shop; Hot Springs National Park ~ the smallest National Park in America), Mt. Rushmore and Custer State Park in South Dakota, and Fried Pickles ("Frickles") in Oswego, Kansas!

I observed (and listened to) soooooooooooooo many people sharing their "stories" and/or dreams. I felt their need for acknowledgment, validation, and to be Honored for their experiences (and/or survival)...

The worst thing about the adventure? I observed that our Beloved Earth is excruciatingly being exploited ~ as well as Humans and Animals. It was actually painful for me to see...

I discovered the humongous need for education and awareness ~ but no time now to go into my "dissertation" about this. Again, bear with me.

I learned that the weather across the entire US has been "weird" and heard a bazillion comments from long-time residents about never seeing such "expressions" of Nature and how its definitely changing/changed.

With Gratitude to all the people I met, to Mother Earth for embracing me with her diverse landscapes and Beauty, to the road for always being there, and to Richard for his expertise of riding on that road (as well as his TLC), I'll sign off for now with another gentle Namaste and much Love!

About sisocrates_musing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.