Existing Member?

Treks Within Reflection – Pausing in the "Here and Now" Adventures

HEAT WAVE IN NORTH CAROLINA

USA | Friday, 29 June 2012 | Views [325]

Greetings All ~

First of all, photos are finally posted! Only took us a few days to figure out what works and what doesn't ~ LOL.

We've been keeping pretty low here this week as temps are in the 90's and 100's (mountains a bit cooler), so we've mostly taken short rides on the Blue Ridge Parkway where it's cooler ~ except one day that turned out to be a marathon ~ 420 miles! We were relying on Richard and his GPS to find a destination that was supposed to be 15 miles/minutes away, but guess Richard got GPS fever and we kept going ~ LOL. Saw some beautiful back country in Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina, and finally made it to our intended destination ~ an old time General Store from the 1800's ~ the next day.

North Carolina country is gorgeous, but extremely mountainous ~ makes me wonder how anyone gets around in the winter! Hard to take photos to truly reflect the mountains, vegetation, and windy roads, but I'll keep trying.

Yesterday we visited a teeny tiny little town (if one can define it as a town ~ composed of a post office and inns, and lots of seasonal "second" humongous homes) called "Little Switzerland." Pretty little hamlet but definitely NOT Switzerland...

We've been chatting with some really interesting people ~ met quite a character along the Blue Ridge Parkway ~ and have recorded in my journal some of the things he said, which will be written about when I'm back home... Also been getting daily "dog fixes" here and there!

BTW ~ Richard replaced his bad shock the day before we left Harrisburg and my bum and back are ever-so-grateful! Richard wants me to note that Andy is the one responsible for finding a REALLY good deal for Richard to have it replaced ~ we thank you, Andy!

We'll be heading for Indiana Sunday morning, so don't know when I'll next have wi-fi access... Be assured, tho, I'll be in touch!

Sending you all Happy Summer wishes, gentle breeze hugs, and Loving whispers of Namaste...

Til next time!

About sisocrates_musing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.