Existing Member?

Treks Within Reflection – Pausing in the "Here and Now" Adventures

It´s an awesome world!

PERU | Sunday, 14 December 2008 | Views [317] | Comments [2]

Hola! Today´s update is that our city tour has been rescheduled for today, so yesterday we wandered and sauntered throughout Miraflores. The Marriott hotel introduced us all to the infamous Pisco Sours and needless to say, we were extremely relaxed and our laughter filled the entire lobby bar. In a mode of not being within the realm of particular time restrictions, and as Carolyn is our time-keeper (she´s the only one of us with a watch), I think we returned back to our hotel around mid-night. So Day One drew to a close with all of us happily bonded...

A bit about Miraflores -- a fascinating array of buildings -- both modern and older. I am amused and entertained by the bazillion VW Bugs (I call them Herbies), young men either riding their skateboards or carrying surfboards, the abundance of taxis and the nearly constant melody of both honking horns or car alarms screeching... LOL

Tomorrow we fly to Cuzco, but will try to update post-city tour...

So I´ll sign off for now with postscrips from both Carolyn and Sandra saying "Hi everyone!"

Adios and another moment of Namaste!

 

Comments

1

Thanks for the update, kiddo. Meanwhile we couldn't find Cuzco. J thought it was south of Lima, and I thought it was big enough to show up in easy view, but even with magnification we couldn't find it. Does it have another name? Much cold here, but not a lot of snow, certainly not the 8" predicted. Went to Carolyn's party, her nail technician (huh?) rides a 2007 Kawasaki 636 bullet-bike, a very fast sport bike. Has been riding 3 years, and her boyfriend makes her take the classes, etc. They do 300 miles a day sometimes, just backroads. J said the party could have disappeared for all I cared, once we started talking bikes, I had to laugh cuz it was true. Ohhhing and ahhhhing about Christmas ornaments and the new couch had already worn thin. Good food of course, I discovered I like Lemoncello liqueur. Lots of new small grandkids playing and laughing - the older kids can't stand such parties so they were out on their own. We know you're doing good work, stay in touch, tell us about the people you meet.
Love you,
Ernie & JoAnn

  Ernie Buckler Dec 14, 2008 3:59 PM

2

This is fun, living vicariously through your blog I will also visit Peru. Hi Sandra! I hope you are taking lots of pictures.

  Joan - Sandra's friend Dec 15, 2008 3:23 AM

About sisocrates_musing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.