Existing Member?

Nan & Pop on the Road We're on the road around NZ and hope to keep in touch with all the kiddies & grandies and other interested friends & families while we're away.

Far Northland

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 14 September 2007 | Views [471] | Comments [3]

Still at Cape Reinga

Still at Cape Reinga

Dinner Cruise was great - only got lost once on the way there (but it was worth it - the scenery around some (unknown) harbour was g8 (how about that for trendy!).  Food on board was fabulous (prawns, mussels, and great lamd and fish.  Paihia was a pretty place, the trip up to the top was 'adventurous' (Nan's word) the last 20 km was gravel (don't tell Avis).  We saw where the Pacific Ocean meets the Tasman Sea; no dolphins or whales or anything 'citing yet.

Back to Whangarei (or something) - pronounced "Fun-gar-ray" (and they reckon we talk funny).  Arrived back in Auckland yesterday great accommodation and a NZ pub dinner (is there a World Cup or something on? - they luv their Rugby over here).  It took until Thursday to hear a Crowded House song on the radio.

Vege-ing out today (a little overcast).  We'll try to upload photos next time we're on (didn't bring the cable today).

Off to Rotorura tomorrow for the Hangi thing - not looking forward to the smell!

Yes Jaister, we are looking for pressies!

Hope all are well - Thanks for the comments.

Luv,

Nan & Pop.

XO

Tags: On the Road

 

Comments

1

Thnx 4 the update - u r gr8!!!! i've heard that the stench of rotorua isn't very pleasant - something like rotten eggs:) anyway - enjoy the hangi -and concert too???? can't beat traditional New Zealand cuisine. keep the updates coming

lots-a-luv
bj,nik,mj,crockie xo

  Us from Ipswich Sep 14, 2007 3:22 PM

2

Sounds like you are having fun Mum I would be a bit worried Dad sounds like he might be turning into Uncle Bob. Jai wanted to let Nan know that she has done 12 pages of scrapbooking and is looking forward to seeing the 2 of you when you get back. Rotorura does smell depending on the wind but the Kiwis dont seem to notice???. dont forget if you have the time do the sky lift thing even if you just go for a look the view of lake rotorura is spectacular.
Keep having fun

Love the Simmos from Bundy

  Simmos in Bundy Sep 14, 2007 7:41 PM

3

G'day,
How good was Parramatta on the weekend!!! And the Cowboys. Did you manage to find a pub and enjoy the atmosphere?? Jonathan and I had a good weekend getting ready for the next trip. We fly out at 8.50am on Saturday. Hope this message finds you well and having a great time.
Jen

  Jennifer Curley Sep 17, 2007 6:54 AM

About simoz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.