Existing Member?

Nomadic Hands

AS SICK AS A REALLY SICK DOG

BOLIVIA | Thursday, 12 June 2008 | Views [3414] | Comments [1]

Me sick in bed... totally sucks!! Except at least Im in a really nice house this time :)

Me sick in bed... totally sucks!! Except at least Im in a really nice house this time :)

I feel like I´m about to die!! I have stomache cramps and have been spewing my guts up from all body crevices for the whole day. Embarassingly enough, on my way to the internet tonight I took the bin of vomit downstairs to get rid of it. I thought I was being sneaky enough so that Martha and Lewis wouldn´t seen me, but unfortunately their whole family was chatting right at the door as I walked out with my incriminating evidence.
 
The day I was supposed to meet Diane, I waited for over an hour and gave up. I have no idea what happened as I have been too sick to get back in contact with her since. That was actually one of the worst days I´ve had so far in South America. I also ended up getting locked out of the house for a few hours, and loosing my diary. Just waiting on the street feeling sick was a nightmare with all of the old brazillian buses pumping out black smoke every two seconds into my lungs... and taxis ready to run you down. Even the lady who did my laundry told me to pick it up the next day... but wasn´t there herself... so I´ve been freezing!! But i had better stop whinging... so many others have it much worse.
 
Beth (Bethany) and Arnaud (sounds like Arno) made me feel so much better after my bad day though, as they spoilt me and took me out for sushi. We all get along so well, and there are many times when it is impossible to stop laughing. I´m so glad to be living with them at the moment. Beth is such an interesting 19 year old girl. She was brought up in a somewhat cultish environment, with her father pretending to be a butterfly. (Don´t worry, she´s sitting next to me and knows what I´m writing). 
 
I´m also really glad to be staying in Martha and Luis´ house, as they have taken such good care of me while I have been sick. Martha has cooked me nice soups and other concoctions. I´m off to bed again... way too out of it!
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMADIC HANDS JOURNEY GO TO WWW.NOMADICHANDS.COM

Comments

1

... so let me get this right, you were chronically ill.. sick as a dog, crook as rookward, and then went out for sushi, in BOLIVIA? ..wow, simone my dear friend, you are very very very brave

keep up the good work

  Batesy Jun 17, 2008 10:58 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.