Existing Member?

To India with Love

Another pea in the pod.

INDIA | Thursday, 20 November 2008 | Views [1239] | Comments [6]

After some tense waiting and great help from all the associated agencies, who went way beyond the call of duty to get us here, we are on the move. We fly out tomorrow night and arrive in Sydney at 8:15pm on Friday night. We have had Ankita at Matt and Liz's for for three days. She is sleeping upstairs with her sister right now and is doing very well.

She eats what she wants and tells you what she wont eat. She looks you dead in the eye and says "nahee" (no). Shakes her head and looks deep into your eyes as if to say ' do you have a problem with that?' and even if I do have a problem, I am not sure there is much I could do about it at the moment! 

She has come out with us shopping and adventuring and is very confident but still looks to us to make sure she is not too far away or doing something she is not supposed to be. She loves her new clothes and the few toys she has. A plastic Barbie phone that Neelu got the last time we were here has become a favorite. We had to find and buy a new one for her so the girls walk around with these phones around their neck making a racket. The phones play bad versions of Hindi pop songs plus various other ear piercing sounds. Terrific for Papa. I have told them how much I dislike them and they mostly ignore my pleas to desist. I envision the next twenty years very clearly...

Ankita and mamma are already bonding like super glue.Three pees in a pods these girls. The three of them were in the back of a cab this morning - me in the front - and the two girls were sleeping on Mamma like they had been there for years.

Neelu and Ankita have got the sister thing happening big time. Neelu is amazing. patient, kind, understanding, generous to a fault. She has become the protective big sister and Ankita has worked out very quickly how lucky she is. The truth is, we are all realising, in a very short time, how lucky we all are; if luck had anything to do with it that is...

Tags: india, intercountry adoption, waiting parents

Comments

1

Finally!!!!

  Aysha Nov 20, 2008 5:11 AM

2

Congratulations Shayne & Raj!

Commiserations Raj. :)

  Paul Newell Nov 21, 2008 7:05 AM

3

Can't wait to see you all! lots of love, fi

  fiona Nov 21, 2008 1:31 PM

4

Congratulations Ra, Shayne, Ankita and Neelu. Yayyy!!! The family is finally together again.

Cant wait to see you all together. Good luck little brother, the sisterhood is out to get you!

  monica sidhu Nov 23, 2008 12:46 PM

5

Yes! Well done you lovely Siddhus. Deepest congratulations and loads of love to you all. Your tenacity and loving determination is inspiring! XXXXX

  Kris Nov 25, 2008 9:28 AM

6

Hi Raj, Shayne,Neelu and Ankita,

Congratulations on finally getting Ankita, We are so proud of you..I have been reading your story and I have laughed and cried my way through it. I read it for Brianna and she thinks Neelu is going to be a great big sister for Ankita.

we are absolutely delighted for you all and your journal should be made into a book and Raj, you should forget about acting because you are an amazing writer.
Love always your cousins Anne Brian and Briannaxxx

  Anne O'Connell Dec 20, 2008 10:16 PM

About sidhus_on_safari


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.