Existing Member?

Quirky or Awkward?

Urinating in a toilet is odd?

CHINA | Friday, 11 January 2013 | Views [427]

If you refer to my journal

If you refer to my journal "Urinating in a toilet is odd?" (http://journals.worldnomads.com/sianmercel/story/95226/China/Urinating-in-a-toilet-is-odd) You will read that this was one of my favorite experiences whilst traveling East China. The toilets sure were something different for me.

Travelling the east coast of China sure was a weird and wonderful experience. Being a true blue Aussie, I am used to abnormal toilets (from long drops to a hole behind a tree) but China sure was something different. Oh I had such fun bartering with the attendant so I could use the toilet for a few dollars less but you get what you pay for I guess. Paying a lovely old Chinese woman (equivalent AUD) 5cents to use the public restroom, I stood in a queue of 8 or so women who were waiting for a cubicle. I could tell I wasn't the only one busting for the toilet for several of us were doing the "potty" dance. Like most would, I stood and waited for my turn. Within 20 seconds of waiting, 3 different woman walked straight pass me (which infuriated me because who did they think they were to push in front of me when I had paid for my spot in this line), pulled down their pants and went...right there....on top of the drain in the middle of the wash room. I learnt my lesson for the next time I went to a public restroom; I paid for the more expensive toilet as to avoid standing on other woman’s urine to reach my cubicle. It was such a reality shock, but I am just grateful I am a woman for as I walked out of the toilet and onto the streets to continue my adventure; a man was squatting over a pot hole in the street having a splendid time whilst he excreted his faeces. I guess when yah gotta go, yah gotta go!

Tags: bathroom, china, oops, toilet

 
 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.