Existing Member?

Leaving On a Jet Plane Restore Factory Settings

I Come From A Land Down under

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 6 May 2009 | Views [386]

Well... Not sure i really have the hang of this web Blog thing really.. I know i have hardly touched this site whilst I have been away, but i do endeavor to regal some of the last 15 months for your enjoyment on here.. Even for my own enjoyment of remembering the trials and Tribulations and adventures i have been through..

So as most of you will know, I have been living in Australia now for 8 months.  I arrived on September the 11th, which was a fairly inauspicious day to arrive, but luckily my time has been anything but so far.. Haven't really been ''Traveling'' so much in Auz really.. Was working for American Express in Sydney and Living with the Morgans for 6 months.  Loved things there, i got to spend some really quality time with Rhys too, my Nephew and with Naomi and Ioan too.. They were really good to me as ever and i miss them.. Also, really love Sydney.. its a really good city with lots to offer.. And i have made some really good Friends there.. Even had a new Lescar to go to in thew form of the Opera Bar, below the Opera House... No Comedy night but there was Jazz on a Thursday.. and with the New prices of the Lescar, About the Same for a beer too... So Many Highlights.. The Blue mountains were ace.. And The Bridge Climb Jade and I did was Also really Great.. The Best Day though was walking from Bondi to Bronte when the Sculptures were being exhibited, with Rhys trying to Climb over everything, Ioan jostling for position with all the other Dads, and the back drop of the Ocean, With Migrating Wales in The sea, breaching the surface grabbing everyones attention.. Great Day..  Also, as we lived by Manly, the times surfing the Beach there, the white pointers off Bower Break, The BBQ's and snorkeling.. Manly Si, Loves Manly.. (sure you can get a T-Shirt for that)... Obviously lots happened in Sydney, its such a cool city to explore and visit.. Would like to call it home one day.. Anyhoo, things change..

Currently I'm working and living in Melbourne.  It really is a cool city, which reminds me allot of Sheffield strangely.  However, its hard to get work at the moment in Auz, Due to the GFC (thats the global financial crisis not a rap outfit from Newport) and I need to do 3 months Specified Regional work, I'm off to Brisbane  on the 16th of May to Seek the answers north of the Tropic of Capricorn.. Fingers Crossed..  Love Melbourne allot, its really ''Cosmopolitan'' and has a lot going for it..  My Highlight i think is Rowing a bunch on misfits down the Yarra.. or just the friends i have made here, Both at the Kew mansion and the Beehive (AKA the Hotel California) And not to mention seeing old Freinds.. Oh, and the Locals here call me Sim-o.. Brilliant..

But here are just a few samples of the Auz Adventure.. Hopefully will get to do a big Road/Surf trip at some point too as that seems like a dream.. Lots of things to Do however but not enough time to do everything.. This country really is massive, and varied and wonderful. Just hope i can see as much as possible in that time.. In the Mean time, i'm  just living life, thinking about the future, writing some music and just trying to do the right things for a change..


Anyway that's all for now.. Other than filling you guys in on all the Good Bits in between, the rest of Asia... Miss it and all the guys and Gals i met there.. Auz feels a bit too much like home at the moment, and that makes me miss home..

Tags: the chronicles of manly si...

 

About si-man


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.