Existing Member?

Walkabout

Beer Fish!

CHINA | Sunday, 6 September 2009 | Views [502]

Beer Fish be the bomb!  The famous Yangshuo Beer Fish is as good as they say.  I am going to learn to cook it tomorrow, then I am going to cook it at home (wherever THAT ends up being) with properly filleted fish and it will be the best thing EVER. I will never understand the predilection for many bones in your food - it's just wrong.  When I am voted president of the world (2015 - "Yes you WILL"), there will be a law: each piece of food can have one (large) bone, at maximum. This allows for things like ox-tail, t-bone, lamb-shanks, ribs, etc. (you can see, I've thought this proposal through, I will be a kind and benevolent dictator - unless you have a thing for bones in your food.) 

But then, just when I think the Chinese have  their food-shit all backward - they blow me away (pre-pun intended, you'll get it in a minute) with the snails (stuffed with pork and mint, yum).  They make a hole on the other side of the shell from the "door" and you just blow that little sucker out like a tenacious booger.  Beats screwing around with tongs and a barbie-sized fork - bit messy though.  BRILLIANT!  (except the booger analogy, not very original, that.) 


Also, rice noodle soup for breakfast is better than I thought it would be - in fact, I could get used to it. 

Went for a 20Km bike ride the other day.  First time I've ridden a push-bike in close to twenty years (holy cow, that makes me feel old).  At least 10 of those Ks were on a very bumpy dirt track.  Legs are fine, but wow, does my bum hurt.

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.