Existing Member?

A Journey from the Madhouse to the Asylum

Christmas and Beyond

THAILAND | Friday, 23 January 2009 | Views [332] | Comments [2]

We moved up to varkala into our prebooked hotel, the place is beautiful everything was good until the owner of the hotel asked Andy to move to a different hotel for a few days, we were having none of that so on the spur of the moment took flights via Chennai back to UK for Christmas.  Didn't like the weather and are now in Thailand.

We flew into Bangkok found a good hotel in Kohsan Road, it's a really good area to be thousands of tourists at night, street food, street booze, street everything!  We thoroughly recommend it.  Spent a week in Bangkok very suprised how clean, hassle free and easy to be in it is.  Went for a look around the red light district Andy was not impressed when I took him down the Gay Area, you have all heard of the ladyboys, well it's all true.

We took the overnight train  and express boat from bangkok to koh samui, no hassle and a good journey.  Now staying at Chaweng on Koh Samui, have initially booked for a total of 6 nights, may stay longer or head off to another island, but have to fly to Vietnam on 4th february.  We were denied boarding at Heathrow because although we had a return ticket for June, they won't let you fly into Thailand unless you have a ticket out within 30 days.  (It would have been helpful if they had told us that when we booked the ticket)  Consequently we had to book the Vietnam flight on the internet at Heathrow, otherwise we would have lost our Bangkok return tickets.  Of course on arrival in Bangkok imigration did not ask anything, they just stamped our passport and in we came. 

It's nice to be back on the beach, will update again soon.  Hope everyone is well.

Andy and Shirley

Comments

1

Glad you arrived safe and well. The weather hasn't really improved here! Been raining cats and dogs! Was really nice to see you at Christmas.
Trev and I have booked an engagement party. It's on 21st March. Shame you can't make it! We'll have a drink for ya!
Enjoy Vietnam!
Lots of Love,
Hannah and Trev
xxx

  Hannah Jan 23, 2009 10:44 AM

2

Hi Shirl,Andy.

Glad you are enjoying Bankok....and sunning yourself on the beach...lol...It was fantastic to see you at xmas...made mine it did...so thank you....So Andy wasn't impressed with the lady boys then...wonder why....lol..We are all fine this end...Andre had another hospital appointment this week...he is now in their genetic Gene testing programme to see if they can find out why he has it so bad.....we go back next month for more tests....and on April 17th he is having the allergy tests done...I am fine...it didn't work out with Steve and i ...but hey ho...im not that bothered...you know me shirl...lol....well you 2 carry on having a fab time and don't worry about us poor sods freezing here in lovely England...lol
Love you both
Juli and tribe xxxxx

  juli Jan 24, 2009 4:22 AM

About shirandy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.