Existing Member?

My very exciting adventure's

Big fluffy snowflakes

USA | Tuesday, 19 March 2013 | Views [395]

After the dog sled tour I went to watch a junior ice hockey game with a great couple I met on the tour (Elaina and John) . Their son was playing in the tournament which is what bought them to Anchorage. I tell you, those kids may have only been 15 and 16 years old but they sure didn't hold back. They were so fast and rough on the ice, slamming each other into the glass walls like nothing I have seen before. How they managed to stay upright on the skates is a talent that impressed me no end. That evening John "conveniently" had a business call to make while Elaina and I took in a show at the performing arts centre. It was a70's music show performed by the anchorage orchestra and choir. So good..... We sang along to all our old favourites and elaina kept me amused with her chair dancing talents! the next morning Elaina introduced me to the Costco experience, including hotdog and cola.....and it SNOWED, nice big fat fluffy flakes ....so happy!

Sadly my new friends were leaving that night to head back home to San Jose ( for you Karen, thats San Hosay :)) and being the wonderful kind generous people they were they let me stay in their hotel room.... Very nice, I felt so spoilt :)

my time in Anchorage came to an end all to fast and I was on another plane heading to Boston to meet up with my travel buddy!

S xxxx

I saw a bear.....the white sucker is over 10 foot tall

I saw a bear.....the white sucker is over 10 foot tall

Tags: alaska, anchorage, snow

About sharonleigh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.