Existing Member?

Andy & Shannon's Trip of a Lifetime

Machu Pichu

PERU | Monday, 28 May 2007 | Views [912] | Comments [1]

We arrived at Machu Pichu for the sunrise but it was quite cloudy but the view was still breathtaking. The clouds come and go pretty quickly. We had a 2 hour tour with an excellent guide that explained the history behind Machu Pichu and then we were free for the rest of the day to do what we wanted.

We decided to climb Wanapichu which was a very steep climb for an hour but it was well worth the view from the top.

We then did another trek for a couple of hours which we saw Machu Pichu from another angle and got some great photos.

The place is so amazing, you could just stand there looking at it all day. The terraces were made to make the land more stable and to make more room for farming. God knows why they made their town so high, they say it was becuase it was safer to be above the ground and not down under the hills as there was many land slides and earthquakes.

We were so exhausted after the day and caught a train with a clear glass roof back to Cusco.

This was definiely one of the highlights of our trip so far.

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

Hi guys,
just caught up with your travel journal. OMG it all sounds sooooooooo amazing, I'm so jealous. I'm just about to check out your photos. Did you guys meet up with Damo, Kirsty, Bec & Neil in Machu Pichu. Oh my god I cant believe you ate a piranha. I think those cocoa leaves have got to your brains!! And pink dolphins??? Were they really?? Wow. Everything is the same here. Belle & I did Narrabeen High Boot Sale yesterday. Shan remember the clothes from the cancer fundraiser night I had & the clothes swap? Well I didnt manage to sell much of them... Cant believe no one wants my old trendy clothes! Belle dropped them off to the SMith Family. Hope they appreciate them!!
Take care guys, lots of love to you both & a big sloppy kiss from Sienna. Miss you lots. xx

  Shell & Steve May 28, 2007 3:12 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.