Existing Member?

Jason and Shannon's Magical Adventure

Ho'okena

USA | Sunday, 12 September 2010 | Views [436]

Ho'okena beach

Ho'okena beach

On our first day off we decided we needed to get to a beach. We were told the farm we are staying at is in the middle of nowhere but we didn't really realize this until we wanted to go somewhere. The buses here are free but are nearly impossible to figure out if you don't know the landmarks. There are no bus stops, just a website that says around what time it will reach different spots (usually these places are half an hour apart), and you have to wave the bus down if you want to catch it. We decided hitch hiking was the way to go. We got lucky and the first car pulled over to pick us up. The lady hated life and just wanted to drive so she took us all the way there! The beach was nice... we realized when we got out of the water that we didn't pack beach towels. Darn. We layed around on a picnik table a bit, just hung out. A while later we saw spinner dolphins flipping around in the bay! The spinner dolphins feed at night and come to the bays to rest during the day so you can often swim with packs of them. We decided we needed to buy some snorkel gear so we could swim out further and get close to them.

Tags: bay, beaches, dolphins

About shannon-and-jason

South Point

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.