Existing Member?

Shane's Trip Journal

March 22

THAILAND | Tuesday, 22 March 2011 | Views [239] | Comments [4]

Yesterday I was traveling to Khao Sok National Park in the morning. Along the way the driver stopped off and showed us a famous Thailand Buddhist temple. Next stop was along a river where myself and a couple from England got on inflatable canoes and rafted down to the bungalows where the driver was waiting for us and lunch was ready. Lunch was stir fry with spring rolls and chicken vegetable soup with rice, fresh pineapple for dessert. He then took us to the elephant safari but before wanted us to try the "Fox Trot", a 200m zip-line. The elephant ride was approximately 1 1/2 hours, where we rode the elephants through the jungle to a stopping point then we walked to a waterfall and turned around to came back. Pretty cool. Today I was joined by a couple from Belgium and we were on a  guided tour through the national park. About 3 hours of hiking with two stops to swim. Our guide was a Australian that was sort of a adventure seeker. We saw a video of him doing flips off high bridges and cliffs, breaking horses in Australia, as a white water rafting guide, and several forms of water sports. Hope everyone is well. Talk to you again soon. P. S. Wow, a bald head and white legs can get burnt fast.

Comments

1

Looks like you are having a blast! You certainly won't find a monkey like that in Oklahoma. Find any skoal yet? Keep the pics coming...

  Terry Mar 23, 2011 1:08 AM

2

Am super impressed! I can't believe all the things you have done already. You have ONLY been gone a week! Thanks for writing. Love ya!

  Tish Mar 23, 2011 2:02 PM

3

Shane, We just returned from Las Vegas (a fake man made playground) and you are there enjoying Thailand (a real God made paradise). It looks great! I am jealous you got to ride a real elephant. The flowers are different from ours and very pretty.
I have uploaded all your pictures to Walgreens. I will pick them up tomorrow. They all showed poor quality... probably because they have been sent around the world. I'll let you know how they come out.
I hope you are getting enough rest and food. Have you gotten sun screen? Is the sun real intense? Are you sore from all the walking? Is it hot? I have so many questions!!!
Luv ya! Mom

  Mimi Mar 23, 2011 2:28 PM

4

AWESOME!

  Armando Mar 25, 2011 1:21 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.