Existing Member?

Exotic Endeavours

Mlontezuma

COSTA RICA | Saturday, 16 August 2008 | Views [529]

    After a full day of bussing we arrived in the nicoya pennisula, on the pacific, it is quite amazing to go from the carribean to the pacific in one day. Our first day in montezuma we lounged around the beach and attempted to swim in the treacherous waters of the  pacific. the waves were so enormous they would knock you over and drag you along the stoney bottom very scary stuff. In the evening we hired a guide and headed up to a waterfall in the jungle. Due to heavy rains the river was rushing and we had to tredge through rapids and scale sheer rock walls. Once we arrived at the water fall we climbed up the side of the falls and cliff dived or cliff belly flopped . The 2nd day we headed to rain song a wild animal rehab centre. It was so much fun, you can just walk into the cages full of crazy jungle animals, i got to cuddle 4 porcupines, a squirrel, monkeys, skunks, possums, toucans,, parrots, wild boars, pacas, and the cutest baby ant eater that we got to take for  a walk so he could feed on delicious ants. What a great experience once the animals are rehabbed they are released. From here we took a quick stomp in cano blanco park and then bussed back to san jose for one nights rest before nicarauga.

About seths-pad


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.