Existing Member?

Audaces fortuna iuvat (Fortune Favors the Bold)

Arriving in Central America...

PANAMA | Saturday, 11 April 2009 | Views [645]

sunrise on a san blas island

sunrise on a san blas island

Since leaving the shores of Cartagena i was a bit sad leaving south america because of all the amazing experience i had there. Hopefully the experiences i have had since will also be good.

Soo my first time on a sailboat was very good. We left cartagena on the ship ¨Sucre¨ with the belgium captian named David. There was 5 of us, including 2 british girls, 1 dutch, and 1 swedish girl. The swedish girl agnis and J from holland quickly became my friends on the boat.

The first night we didnt have much wind so we went rather slow. 2nd day much of the same but we did get to see dolphins and a beautiful sunset. The 3rd day we arrived in san blas islands, a small island chain off the coast of panama.

This place is quite the place. Hundreds of small islands, some soo small that they only have 1 single palm tree. The first day we snorkeled most of the day. We saw massive angel rays and loads of fish and beautiful corral. That night we had a bonfire on a small uninhabited island and cooked the fish that we had caught spearfishing.

Finally arriving into panama city was refreshing. After 6 days on a boat without a shower can get quite bothersome. So having checked in me, J, and agnis walked around panama city at night which was quite tranquilo. Panama city has a very nice old town and it kindof reminds me of miami a bit. Central america has much more americans traveling here but more touristy, which i dont necessarily like. But 2 days in panama city seeing the old town, the panama canal, and now me and agnis are off to nicaragua. Welcome to hardcore and fast traveling again...

About senor-lance


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.