Existing Member?

Audaces fortuna iuvat (Fortune Favors the Bold)

Navimag Ferry...

CHILE | Wednesday, 24 December 2008 | Views [466]

Well i just arrived in santiago this morning.

The navimag boat ferry was quite the experience! Me and a spanish guy guillen checked in around 9pm thursday and we had to stay on the boat thursday night in the port, the boat was going to leave early friday morning. So we met an amazingly cool french girl named laure, another french guy benjamin, and an auzzie gary. We played p&a card game thursday night and drank as well..and yes old smuggler didnt taste good, but it was cheap.

The beds were nice..and there were gypsies sleeping next to us..which smelled horrible...there was a whole family of them..talking.playing soccer in the hallways..and making tea all the friggin time..

there was a container of cows...5 days without anything..

the scenery was nice..saw a glacier..fjords...but the weather wasnt great and a couple days it was hard to see much...

one day there was bad swells...bc we were out in ocean...probably 20-35 feet high...i didnt take the seasick pills...and was fine...others were not..laure, gary, and guillen all didnt feel great..eating was hysterical..we ate spaghetti that night and there were people falling over, tables getting knocked around all over the place, great fun!!

and then there was chris...internationally famed singer (should be)/dining room manager/mechanic/jack of all trades master...the first and last nights played the keyboard and sang songs..spanish and english..including an incredibly funny and heavy accented "imagine" and "another brick in the wall".....chris made the trip....i have never laughed soo hard when he went up and sang....

in the end the navimag was a 4 day booze cruise through the southern part of chile's coast..would i do it again...no...but i met loads of cool people...had great fun..and saw some cool things...now all there is to do is try to shake off the "boat shakes" i feel like jack sparrow of pirates of the caribean...it is true...the whole world feels like its still moving..

About senor-lance


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.