Existing Member?

Audaces fortuna iuvat (Fortune Favors the Bold)

One night..three amazing stories (part 2) clean..

ARGENTINA | Monday, 8 December 2008 | Views [550]

Ok so one of the guys in my hostel room just got back from lima, peru where i hope to be at sometime in january. Well anyways i guess when he and his friend touched down at the airport they went to their hostel first and checked in and they were out one night and some guy came up to them politely and asked if he could practice his english with them, and he was also a cab driver. These guys said yes and they chatted with this guy in a cafe and when it was getting late they asked for a fare with this guy back to hostel and that they were going to go out for a few drinks. Well this guy said yes and when they were in the car he asked these guys if they wanted any suggestions and they said they were new in lima soo sure. They guy told him that he would take him to a pretty cool bar/club.

Sooo they were driving out and it seemed to these guys that they were going not to where a club would seem to be but to the ghetto or something. Anyways the guy just gets out of the cab and goes into a shop of some sorts. Soo these guys just thought this guy totally ditched them out in the middle of the city so they then just tried to get a cab back to the hostel when a cab rolled up on them and the guy came out of the store and the guys in the cab had guns on them and put them in the cab and told them to give them all their money. Well these guys didnt have much on them so they wanted to get ahold on these guys atm cards. Luckily for these guys they packed their atm cards in their packs at the hostel. So they told these robbers that they got to go to the hostel in order to pick up their cards. so they drived them there and only let one get out while the other would have to sit in the car and wait. Sooo you can imagine the converstation about who gets to go and who gets to stay. Well the guy that slept under my bunk Hal went out and went into the hostel. The other guy i guess just started yelling he had to take a crap, and he was yelling so loud that his buddy hal could hear him from inside the hostel. After like a minute of yelling they finally just let the other guy go into the hostel where they stayed for 3 days without leaving it.

The thing that is quite amazing about this story is that this story has traveled so fast and far among backpackers in south america. I heard a bit of this story from a girl who had stayed earlier with hal in northern chile. But it was quite amazing to hear it from the source.

About senor-lance


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.