Existing Member?

Audaces fortuna iuvat (Fortune Favors the Bold)

I touched a man´s hand softly... (part one...read at your own peril)

USA | Friday, 5 December 2008 | Views [563]

I knew the title would be eye-catching but i had one of those moments that you hope you never happen, touching another man´s hand softly. Yes it occured, on the train to times square in nyc. It happened so fast and i would give anything to undo what happened. It happened like this: After a feeling of being crammed and squished in the train i  moved my hand farther up on the rod (it was steel u sick bastards)  and slighly cupped ontop of another man´s hand softly. SOFTLY!! That´s what so disgusting. Men have no real problems with hand contact...high five, hell we´ll even blow it up after giving the OG fist bump. But touching another man´s hand softly is argueably worse than seeing a grown man naked!!

The crime has been committed and i was guilty. Once i knew what had happened i did what any (slightly) homophobic man could do. Lower his head quickly and slide his hand off the stranger as carefully as possibe so that only you and the stranger have to experience this abomonation of man to man contact. The shame was intense, the eyes of that man from india have been burned into the deepest darkest part of my pysche. No matter what i do i will forever think of that man whenever i enter a subway train hereafter.

Laugh now, cry later. See how it feels, i dare you. Touch a man´s hand, preferrably a stranger, softly. The shame may be harder to bear.

P.S. Maybe trying the nick ross passout drunk special may be the only cure. Time has run out for me but it´s never too late to save your dignity.

About senor-lance


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.