Existing Member?

perennialsteps

rafting at Pekalen River & Sunrise at Bromo - Java: 2009

INDONESIA | Thursday, 24 December 2009 | Views [868]

I was off from Jakarta at 8.30pm on Friday with my colleagues to Surabaya and then continued to Probolinggo with rented car. We arrived at Noars basecamp around 4am on the next day. After two hours sleeping in a comfortable sleeping bag, we prepared ourselves to go for rafting and started the rafting at 8am. The road to the river is steep until we concluded that this is a buy one get one trip. We bought a rafting trip and got a trekking trip as a bonus.

The journey on the river was already started with two streams just a couple seconds after we got on the boat. Pekalen river has beautiful cliff on its both side with the bats and the waterfall. The streams are also fascinating made from the combination of the river rocks and the currents. The view was enthralling, still we had to be cautious with the stream in front of us. For sure, I tried my best to minimize the risk of falling from the boat like my previous rafting experience at Cisangkuy river. After passing a stream, we waited for some other boats to pass it also. Hence we're not only enjoying the stream view, but also our friend's reaction while passing the stream.

We were supposed to end the rafting at 4pm. But the operator already pulled us out from the river at 1.30pm due to the heavy rain. Luckily, we had went through the great parts of the river.

The next day we went to see sunrise at Bromo.  

The trip was arranged by http://joinenterprise.multiply.com with http://www.noarsrafting.com/?page_id=3 as the rafting operator.

About selizabeth


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.