Existing Member?

Nomad Earth

Day 13 Passau - Kaiserhof ( 58 kms )

AUSTRIA | Saturday, 21 June 2008 | Views [323]

You really have to be more careful when abroad. Last night I was just on the way to my tent in the centre of Passau when I heard someone shouting my name. I heard it twice so I decided to react to it before the chap was going to wear out a perfectly good first name.

I did not recognise him and looking at the stupid expression on my face the fella managed 'Christina' and 'your house' and not in his best Sunday English either. But my Alzheimer finally took a break and I remembered that this fine Barcelonian specimen had spent the night or even the weekend at my house on Christina's invitation. Being the cleaning menace that I am I don't think we got much of a chance to chat.

Yep, the world is a small place - here I am at the border to Austria and get shouted at by someone from Barcelona, whom I had met two months earlier in England. Shhsssh, funny old world or what? Next it will be the polish grandmother of someone that used to live in my house five years ago...- I believe he said he was going to Vienna on his bike... the Alzheimer again.

I still don't know the guy's name but I'm hoping Christina will enlighten us in a future post.

This marks my thirteenth day on the tour and as befitting a number thirteen of anything my shoulder is twitching a little. Also did 58!!! kms today through some of the most breathtaking scenery you have ever seen. They call it the 'Meran' of Upper Austria. I also crossed the border today. Well, cause of the Schengen agreement there aren't any borders anymore and nobody checked anything. You are in Germany one minute and then everyone is flying an austrian flag the next. Shops are still the same though. Even the language is similar. Think English - American. There you go!

Stayed at a very nice campsite again - Food was good. Water was cold.

Anyway, temperature today 31 degree celcius.

About seal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.