Existing Member?

Nomad Earth

Day 11 Mühlham Keller - Passau (44 kms)

GERMANY | Thursday, 19 June 2008 | Views [307]

Easy progress again today. Almost run into several big liners and steamers. The Danube is not big enough for all of us. There are tourist boats etc. and they are all passing me on the wrong side of the river!!!

Camping ground is very nice and new here in Passau and the place is very beautiful again, complete with fairy-tale castles and cathedral built by Italian craftsmen. The whole place has an Italian/mediteranean feel to it and I'm not even in Vienna yet.

Three rivers come together here - Ilz, Danube and Inn. I'm hoping for some speed on the river for Saturday.

I got quite sunburnt today and now I look like Rudolph Reindeer - just the wrong time of the year for the look. The Temperature is rising to 30 degree Celcius before noon and the heat is melting all my chocolate!

Miracles do happen: Germany somehow beat Portugal in the European Championship... Can you tell that I have absolutely nothing to do in the evening but to sit outside an ice-cream place and watch the footy on a big screen.

Quality internet cafes are hard to come by. The past couple of updates I had to hack in inside some dodgy gambling dens. Strangely, the internet and arcades with slot machines in this country are connected somehow...

About seal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.