Existing Member?

Look out world

Long weekend in Zurich

SWITZERLAND | Friday, 5 May 2006 | Views [849]

After having health day at work and being told I was really healthy for someone who eats shit food and drinks too much I headed off to Zurich where I was greeted by the Prawn at the airport.  Basically went back to his house, had a few beers then went to Act Bar??? and had a few vodka red bulls.  These were the biggest vodkas I have ever seen and would clearly be illegal in Australia, so we had 2 for good measure and went to a few other pubs before calling it a night.

Friday and we did the Zurich tour in about 30 minutes(there isnt too much to see) where prawn spilt about a litre of mustard over himself eating a breadroll.  We had good intentions of hiring mounatin bikes and heading up the mountain for lunch at Tamaras(vince's mrs) restaurant but the weather turned bad.  We still went up for some cheese fondue with bread, pineapple a beer and some not so nice home made shnapps, but caught the train instead.  That night we met up with a few of vinces ex pat mates, and dominated a few bars trying to convince girls to come along with us.  But anyone who knows us well enough knows we all went home alone.

Next day plainger arrived and we expected bad things to happen.  And they did.  We caught the train to luzern for the night where we found a nice bar for a few pizzas and long island ice teas.  We went to a few more pubs and late night club where the most embarassing thing happened.  I finally worked up the courage to go and talk to this girl sitting all by herself and as I approached her I fell straight on head.  Looking back i saw a step which I hadnt seen earlier and made a bee line out of there trying not to make eye contact with anyone.  The crazy swiss people all started doing some dance like the nutbush or something.  Me and plainger managed to ruin that song for a lot of people with our white man dancing coordination.  Then it was off to bed.  I woke up battered and bruised as there was quite a bit of street rumbling and friendly banter between three of us, I assume I came off worst.

Sunday we were going to go paragliding and it was all booked but we died in the arse.  We ended up going up mt titlis where there was still heaps of snow, me and plainger just barrelled each other in the snow but vince was too scared in case his shoulder came out.  Then we headed back to Zurich where we just had a few drinks and went home.Flew out on the Monday feeling very ordinary.

Next stop, Greece with Sneddon and Napper.

Tags: Party time

About scottie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.