Existing Member?

Look out world

The African Safari

SOUTH AFRICA | Monday, 2 January 2006 | Views [1723]

Basically I spent a few nights in Joburg which wasnt as dodgy as i expected but i didnt really get out into the city.
 
I then flew up to vic falls where i met with our tour group.  The other guys had already been touring for 40 days before I arrived so i was the new boy.  I went white water rafting on the zambezi and come rapid 8(Double Trouble) i thought i was going to die.  The boat flipped and i came up underneath the boat.  Finally got out but i was knackered.  Then come rapid 18(The Muncher) I was in again and this time got stuck in a whirlpool, in my head i honestly thought I was gone before some little dude in a kayak rescued me.  But I made it.  Also went rhino trekking and on a booze cruise which turned pretty ugly as you could pretty much pour your own spirits and we only had 2.5 hours. Lets just say I got my moneys worth.
 
Then after missing his flight vince turned up and the tour headed to botswana where we caught mokoros(canoes) out into the bush for a night. In the morning about 5 of us and 2 leaders went game walking, we came to a lion trail and tracked it on foot we were about 50 to a hundered metres from a pride of 4 lions.  If the charged us i assume we were dead.  A few nights in Botswana before heading to Namibia for 12 days where we stayed in national parks and saw, elephants, lions, leopard, rhions, a dead buffalo to bring up the big five.  Also saw hippos,  lions, zebra, giraffes, wilderbeasts and shit loads of other things and birds.  We went to a place called Swakopmund where we went Quad Biking, Sand Boarding and Sky Diving.  They forgot to film my sky dive the first time so i got to do another free. Woohoo!
 
Then into South Africa where we camped a few days in Orange river where we spent Christmas.  On Christams day we went out into 2 viallages were we handed out presents.  The kids were so happy just to get the simplest of gifts even the adults just wanted to get a one beer to tie them over for the day.  We then moved down to Cape Town where the we had a game meal of springbok, gemsbok, crocodile and ostrich.  Climbed Table mountain which is the mountain you see in the background when watching the cricket.  Then the tour ended but the whole group stayed on for new years eve.  We all got tickets to the Castle of Good Hope.  It was a massive party in a castle where we had a good time and got home about 5am.
 
And now it is the 2nd and I am flying to the UK where I will be catching up with a few people and plainger is going to take me under his wing for a few nights.  I am scared too!

Tags: Adventures

About scottie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.