Existing Member?

Look out world

Lords - The home of cricket

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 13 January 2006 | Views [743]

Just got back from the home of cricket.  Lords!!!

It was pretty cool, especially going into the away team change rooms and seeing the boards with the players who have made centuries 5 fa's and 10 for the match.  But Warnie wasnt up there.  We then all sat on the chairs and got told whose seat we sat in, luckily for me i was sitting in steve waughs favourite seat, not sure who has it now. 

We walked out of the change room and down through the long room just as a player would if he was going into bat, it would be awesome as a player to walk through the drunken old blokes before entering the field and even better if you could come back with a century under your belt.

Walked around the ground and there is a massive slope, over 2 metres, no wonder Mcgrath can get the ball to move away so much.

Then went into the media centre, it is pretty awesome and we saw the commentary boxes where richie and the boys do there job from.

Also went through the museum and saw the ashes(the real ones).  The leader commented how all the aussies had to come this far to see the ashes because we lost.  My comment was that we have held the ashes for the last 19 years in row and they had still never reached australia.  But apparently they are coming later this year and will be at every test match when the poms visit.

Tags: Sightseeing

About scottie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.