Existing Member?

sayantanfilms

Your Backyard - Chinchechi Talim : A day in the life of a pehelwan

INDIA | Tuesday, 5 November 2013 | Views [455] | Scholarship Entry

Kushti is an old Indian form of wrestling. Kushti learning centers, locally known as Talims not only conserve the guru-shishya but also usher a sense of community. The heroic tales of pehelwans passed onto us by our grandparents had instilled a sense of awe and deep respect for these Gentle Giants. We were also drawn by their simple lifestyle, discipline and dedication. Still a novice at filmmaking, we have tried to use whatever limited knowledge and equipment we possess to convey a story, a piece of Indian culture, which needs to be told.
Being researchers at NCL hardly leaves us time to follow our dream of traveling without restrictions and documenting our experiences, but our passion for filmmaking has driven us to make a couple of short films which have gained us appreciation from our friends and families.
This scholarship and workshop with Mr. Brian Rapsey would be a great learning experience and would help us reach larger audiences. We hope to to become independent filmmakers in the near future and this opportunity would help us immensely. It would help us to build on our strengths and guide us in the right direction for a successful career in the field of filmmaking.


Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About sayantanacharya


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.