Existing Member?

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

SIT is EVERYWHERE!

PERU | Friday, 26 February 2010 | Views [438] | Comments [2]

Paris and I are taking Spanish classes everyday at a local language school here in our neighborhood.  It's a very small school that isn't really geared toward tourists.  Most of the students live here locally and study Portuguese, French, Italian, Russian, etc. there, but they occassionally have students who visit that are in need of Spanish so teachers from other schools come over to teach classes if needed. 

Would you BELIEVE that our Spanish teacher at this tiny little language school in San Borja (I don't even think the school has a sign outside on the door with the name of the school on it)... this school which is located in a small district within Lima (I'm not even living right downtown in the main part of the city or anything)... yeah, I think you get the point... OUR TEACHER went to SIT!  Come on now, tell me how small the world is!  I could NOT believe it!  We were practicing the past tense yesterday and she was giving us some examples of sentences so that we could talk about our lives.  She talked about different places she visited in the past, etc. and then talked about visiting the United States in the 70s to study English in Vermont.  I just looked at her and said, 'wait a minute.  Did you just say you studied in Vermont?'  And then when she said she went to SIT I literally jumped out of my chair and hugged her in the middle of class and it was like one big, happy SIT reunion.  Paris was sitting in her seat with this look on her face like, 'are you serious?  Why are these SIT people everywhere?' 

So, Marshall Brewer, if you are reading this... pass along the word that SIT is literally everywhere (as if we SIT folks didn't already know this).  It's like the twilight zone :) 

So today in class she brought in an old photo album with pictures of her at SIT, living in Bolton during an intensive summer English program, hanging out on the front lawn where we graduated... Come on now somebody, tell me you don't think that's funny!

I'm going to try to round up some pictures to show her.  If anyone has any good ones, send them my way!  And at some point I'm going to try to see if someone can mail me an SIT shirt or something from SIT to give to her. 

I think I'm still in shock! Ha! :)

Tags: the school for international training

Comments

1

Hooray for the network! Hooray for learning! Hooray for you! ¡Felicidades!

  Marshall Brewer Mar 3, 2010 7:20 AM

2

Isn't it amazing how God works! You girls sound like you are having a wonderful time. You are in our prayers!

  Robyn Martin Mar 12, 2010 1:25 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.