Existing Member?

Brenda and Sarah take on Oz!

A Letter of Gratitude

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 17 June 2014 | Views [425] | Comments [1]

This blog is different from my other entries as it is a more personal reflection of something I’ve been thinking about a lot. It’s a way for me to process my thoughts and feelings as well as to show my deep gratitude to so many of you who have helped me get here.

As many of you know, I’ve gone through some major life transitions in the last few months that were not easy. Life can throw curveballs and that is what 2014 did to me. And yet, as I was biking through Tasmania this past weekend, with the wind blowing through my hair and the sun on my face, for the first time I found myself grateful for what had happened because it’s gotten me to where I am now.

In the last few months I’ve learned so much. I always knew I had amazing people in my life, but I was truly overwhelmed by the incredible amount of love and support that I’ve been surrounded with from all over the world – what I call my army of love. Every time I think of that army, I can’t help but smile and be lifted. And that is exactly what each of you has done. Not only have you carried me through the darkness, you’ve lifted me higher than I was before. You held my hand, wiped away my tears, hugged me close and made me laugh until I couldn’t breathe. You cooked me dinner, sent me loving texts to wake up to every morning, checked in throughout the day and took me out for fun nights on the town.

With your love surrounding me, I’ve grown in so many ways. I can feel my strength and take comfort in it. It makes me feel whole. I can see the person I’ve become and I really like who that person is. This year has been challenging, and yet so beautiful thanks to you, my army of love.

So I guess I just wanted to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being you and for inspiring me everyday. 

Tags: gratitude

Comments

1

:)
:)
:)

  Brian H. Jun 17, 2014 1:24 AM

About sarahlizweaver


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.