Existing Member?

Sarah's Travels

Highlights

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 21 February 2013 | Views [236]

The last 4 months has been an interesting and amazing experience- some parts were unmissable and some I won't miss, like the long days on the truck! My 6 main highlights are- The Galapagos Islands, Death Road in Bolivia, The Inca Trail andMacchu Picchu in Peru, climbing the Villarica Volcano in Chile, horseriding gaucho-style in Torres del Paine and Rio Carnaval- especially staying up until 6:30am to watch the parade in the Sambadrome!! The food has also been amazing, especially in the second half of the trip. The amazing and plentiful food on the cruise boat in the Galapagos, the Ceviche in the coast of Peru (along with Pisco Sour), the Alpaca in the Andes in Peru (especially in Arequipa), Patagonian Lamb in El Calafate, the Beef in Argentina and of course the red wine in Chile and Argentina. For me, Brazilian food is absolutely my favourite out of all countries in South America and the cooking experience evening was one of the best experiences from the trip. Just being able to eat all the lovely snack food (like pao de queijo, coxinhas, pasteis), the Açai, kilogram buffets, seafood in Rio, amazing bbqs and caipirinhas!! The food cooked by everyone on the truck has been a highlight too- especially the Hungarian Goulash with herb dumplings, Quinoa salads, Jumbalaya, Paella, amazing Taiwanese banquets and of course the Xmas BBQ!! But what made it for me was also the amazing people I met- it was by no means a smooth trip and there were some tricky times, but these people made it enjoyable. At the end, its been a great experience that I will never forget.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.