Existing Member?

TRAVEL DIARY!!

Day 5

KENYA | Saturday, 7 August 2010 | Views [184]

Hello... Today has been a really good day! we started the day feeling really down and poorly... but we soldiered on and went to get breakfast, collected our lunch and got the bus to go to the LCC. we were hoping not to do much today because it was cold AGAIN..even tho it was so hot yesterday :o(. we were wrong anyway and was asked to cut up cabbages, spring onions and tomato's (into small small pieces) and then we had to sort out beans AGAIN! ...but it's quite therapeutic!! Rachel fell asleep with her eyes open whilst doing this and ended up going home to bed :o(!! ...then sam and i had to pack flour ...a very messy job!!! the children were helping which was nice and there was another volunteer there called Jasmin who we met yesterday but i can quite safely say she is the MOST annoying girl i have EVER met!!! - anything you can do i can do better syndrome!! at 1 o clock Eric picked us up and we went off to the market! what an experience!! we went to the supermarket and it was just like an American supermarket!! then we went to the masai market which was really good. There was loads of things that i wanted but i was sensible and only spent 800 shillings =) i bought some tiny animals and a mask to put on the wall which was a giraffes face! i love it =) after we had been there we headed down to the bar for some drinks and some food which was nice because all of the group was together. in the evening we all had a booze up at the other cottage and got to know one another better!

all in all we had a fab time!! xxxx

About sarahcrystal


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.