Existing Member?

next adventure

Feb 24. Georgetown

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 25 February 2015 | Views [333]

Our morning routine has been to go to the Food market looking for papaya.  The hotel breakfasts have been meager for my preference.  We visited the famous street art on Armenian St Which includes a crush of tourists snapping photos on many block. The street is lined with refurbished shop houses, now restaurants and art galleries Along with a plethora of souvenir shops. 
We visited the Clan Jettties which were homes to Chinese fishing clans. They have now been turned into a tourist attraction. People lived there and have shops to sell to tourists. 
 
From other visits I knew of a great Chinese vegetarian buffet and we went there each day for lunch. I'm able to load up on a variety of vegetables.
While buying onward tickets we heard Lion Dance drums and bolted down the street to catch the performance. saw Lion Dance at travel agent's store.
Area is a UNESCO world heritage site with historical buildings especially shop houses. Much street art including metal sculptures with sayings and wall paintings, and ethnic diversity.  Many guests and tourists and travelers. 
 
We've been to a Penang museum and a 3D photo experience where we took pictures of each other in different settings  
We ate in Little India for two dinners since we won't see Indian food as much in Thailand. 
 Queen Victoria clock tower, fort, strait front beach,
 
To Komtar for bus to Botanical Garden 30 min, walked around, rainforest walk, hill with tribe of monkeys of all sizes. Bus to turnaround by bay walk, walk along bay and back to veg restaurant for lunch, I got my hair cut At a place I've been to twice before.  After diner we ended the day with a walk to esplanade aT the bay then back to the hotel. 
 

Tags: sightseeing in georgetown

About sapote


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.