Existing Member?

next adventure

3 jan chiang khan

THAILAND | Saturday, 3 January 2015 | Views [507] | Comments [4]

chilly but not as much as some mornings recently have been.   find the standard noodle stand down the road a ways.  

an up and down day of hills but not long or steep.   alot of traffic not so pleasant just along road can't really see much of country side.  lots of commerce and more as near CK,  big touristy destination. Thai tourist primarily with a sprinkle of farang thrown in.  

historic old town,  antiquey,  tons of shopping shops of trinkets souvenirs tshirts etc.     cafe boutique hotels line river front.  nice walk way along though for quite most of the town.  lots of bike rental.  

we met two tourers from Holland.  had come down road we travel tomorrow.   is busy traffic still cause holiday, but not many towns.  200 k with couple small towns here to Vientiane.     am in a little, off the main drag area. guest house.   nice folks.   ok enjoy

Tags: bike

Comments

1

You're meeting quite a few cyclists. Maybe that's a good sign that the roads are OK for bikes. And everyone, including me, will be back at work on Monday so the roads and towns may be less busy. Will you be closer to the Mekong as you go?
Love, Joan

  Joan Jan 4, 2015 9:08 AM

2

Sorry, meant to mention that the new pictures were fun. Such a nice blue sky though I suppose it makes it hot.
Love, Joan

  Joan Jan 4, 2015 9:10 AM

3

Looking forward to reports of travel down the Mekong!

  Claire Jan 5, 2015 7:52 AM

4

Hi Lani! Claire turned me on to your blog. Loving it! You do the most amazing trips! Thanks for letting me "tag along". Wishing you save travels, lots of interesting encounters and great adventures! Glad you got your visa updated ;-0.

  Chris P Jan 7, 2015 11:53 AM

About sapote


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.