Existing Member?

next adventure

1 jan phu ruea

THAILAND | Thursday, 1 January 2015 | Views [426] | Comments [1]

gosh not sure spelling.   huge spot of destination tourists.    partly they promote fact of temperate climate.  and it at entrance of Nat park.   at any rate lots of motels. and all of them Full or way high priced for holiday.   and it is Full.   yesterday three lanes of traffic and the shoulder packed with cars creeping along into town.  road sides with park cars and motos weaving in between.  tons of tents set up in most hotel motel yards. 

a poinsettia fest and a general flower fest.  and tons and tons of stalls booths selling clothes trinkets bags purses baubles etc etc.    whee and of course food two market areas, lower one more night market.    roast potatoes eggs roasted on skewer alot of grill rice in a dozen forms.     walk up on hill to a wat. under construction different style I’ve seen more recently. great view.  

have set up party in yard for owners friends family.  large speakers about 10 feet from door. well ok maybe 20 but maybe not.  very very LOUD karaoke,   everyone having a good time.    not much sleep.  Keith joined in eating and drinking. couple people little english.   did stop not long after midnight.  up and ready to head out 6 30  but not Keith.   bit of party after affects.  so we stay.

have walked to wat for sunrise.  many many people on the move and congregating  but not grid lock this morn.   still many stalls along hiway. lower mkt not really up and going much.  but other i went and had yummy rice porridge for breakfast. have to act early on that bunch of people gather.     ok see what rest of day brings.  if back here, may add pix             happy next new spiral of the years.    2015 eh

Tags: bike

Comments

1

Did you get a chance to wander through the flowers? It sounds very pretty.
I like the description of the food. I can eat roasted potatoes, eggs and grilled rice. I suppose it's going to depend on how they spice them. I gave Stacy some spicy cheese that Sybil gave us and she said it wasn't spicy at all. : )
Love,

  Joan Jan 2, 2015 2:07 PM

About sapote


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.