Existing Member?

Gundry Adventure

Bolivian - Peru Round up!

BOLIVIA | Monday, 28 January 2008 | Views [579]

Not a bad spot to sit and wait for your washing to dry!

Not a bad spot to sit and wait for your washing to dry!

SO Sorry Guys that we have been useless at keeping you updated over the last few weeks.  We did right the last posting prior to going to the Galapagos but I have only just reallise it did not go live!  We were thinking of you all!  Anyway for now, I thought I would just give you are round up of pre Galapagos, before we tell you all and then update you on our current location!  I´ve paid for an hours typing so here goes!!

So Bolivia was beautiful.  Lake Titicaca, although cold, was magical.  Really charming little town called Copacabana (apparently the original prior to Bazil´s stylish district; the inspiration for the song!).  We stayed in La Cupella, which as Anna has very usefully commented on, was gorgeous and romantic in many ways although we were not lucky enough to inhabit the charming Honeymoon suit.  There were lovely gardens on the top of the cliff with bright coloured Hammocks for you to relax in, reading your book and listening to the buzz of the beach at the foot of the hill.  One afternoon we spend about 6 hours lying in the Hammocks trying to dry an enormous load of washing that we had unfortunately done by hand the day before we were leaving and which we had failed to ring out very successfully!

We were in Copacabana over the weekend when all the locals go to the beach and BBQ, play table football and take hilarious, oversized swan shaped boats out on the lake.  It was fun and a lovely atmosphere.  They eat a lot of trout, pouched in a watery garlic broth though, which made for a delicious smell right along the beach!!!

A few hours of skimming stones on the water, one pulled shoulder and arm later and some good food and we headed back to Peru, the same route we had come although on a tourist coach which stopped at 4 ´interesting´ locations on route and took 9 hours instead of 6!!  Unfortunately having trekked the Inca Trail and seen Machu Pichuu I think we had had quite enough of Inca ruins and really could have done without the slightly tedious trip back to Cuzco but we live and learn!! 

Anyway when we finally left Peru we were really ready to go and our flight up to Ecuador was not delayed and we arrived in Quito happily.

Tags: relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.